Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Wind-Related Roof Damage?
Bad weather causes serious damage to homes. In fact, it’s why homeowners carry insurance. Obviously, the wind is often an issue in roof damage. Because of this, you must learn if your homeowner’s insurance policy covers wind damage. Unsurprisingly, learning the basics can prepare you.
What to Do If the Wind Damages Your Roof
At Yellowfin Roofing, we know roof damage can be stressful. Thankfully, we’re here to help. From simple repairs to total roof replacement, you can count on us. Also, our quality work means we are in demand. Also, we offer fair prices. Our roofing team can help you, too. To that end, we work hard every day. We work for homeowners, not insurance companies.
Does My Homeowner’s Insurance Cover Wind Damage?
Almost certainly, homeowner’s insurance policies cover wind damage to your roof. Unless someone didn’t do the job right the last time, your insurance should pay for wind damage. To that end, a roofing contractor should inspect your roof after a storm.
For roof repair or replacement for wind damage, call your insurance company. You may need to file a claim. Because of this, your insurance company will want an inspection. Also, they will want an estimate before they approve a repair.
At Yellowfin Roofing, we’re happy to help you with this process. Specifically, we will send a representative to your home. We will then inspect your roof. Afterward, we will give you an estimate. After this, we can help you with your desired repairs or full replacement.
Show You Insurance Information and Paperwork to a Roofing Contractor
To start, you must have all paperwork ready. Additionally, your insurance company will need it. Then, show it to your roofing contractors. Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t know they need to show insurance information to a contractor. Here’s why they do:
- Understanding the approved scope of work from the insurance company: Your roofing contractors need proof to do the repairs. To that end, your insurance company must approve it. Sharing the paperwork means everyone is on the same page.
- Protecting you from fraud: Likewise, sharing paperwork protects you from fraud. Unfortunately, some contractors may perform unnecessary repairs. Some may quote higher prices. Having all the insurance paperwork protects you from this. Additionally, it ensures your contractor will do the correct work. They will also work at a fair price.
- Build a trusting relationship between you and your roofing contractor: Share your insurance information to build trust. Your roofing contractor will know what to do. Overall, be open about what repairs are necessary. Moreover, this ensures a positive relationship between you both.
- Required by the insurance company: Most insurance companies want you to share your paperwork with contractors. Additionally, some insurance companies want you to contract with a few contractors. This avoids entering a contract with an unqualified contractor. Or, it can stop you from starting a project with someone the insurance company doesn’t approve of.
Having this information handy helps. It means a smooth process. Also, it will prevent conflicts.
What Is the Homeowners Insurance Claim Process?
Once you see your roof has wind damage, file a claim with your insurance company. Surprisingly, this step is different for every company. Also, whether you have an independent adjuster makes a difference. However, there are a few common steps.
- Contact insurance company: The first step is to contact your insurance company. Then, report the damage. Usually, you can do this over the phone or online. You need the date of damage. Also, you will need details about how the damage happened.
- File insurance claim: Next, file a claim. Do this online, through the mail, or in person. Additionally, you need detailed information about the damage. You should also send photos. Estimates from contractors can support your claim.
- Have your property inspected: After a claim, the insurance company will send an adjuster. The adjuster will inspect the damaged property. This is an important step. Because of this, your roofers can figure out what work to do.
- Receive approval: After the adjuster inspects your property, they estimate how much they pay on the claim. The claim amount results from the damage to your property. Also, it’s from what’s in your policy.
- Repair damages: After payment, hire a contractor to repair the damages. Make sure your insurance company approves the contractor. That way, you avoid any conflicts.
- Enjoy your home: You can be happy once our team has completed your repairs and the insurance has paid. This is what you deserve after dealing with insurance claims and inclement weather damage.
Generally, this is an insurance claim process. However, check with your insurance company. They may have different requirements on property damage claims.
Why Work with a Professional Roofer?
You should work with a professional roofer. To that end, you will solve your roofing problem quickly. Also, it means you can do it without spending too much money. In fact, hiring a professional roofer has many benefits. These include:
- Quick and efficient: A professional roofer can find issues fast. Additionally, they offer solutions to resolve your roofing problems. They know how to fix your roof.
- An expert: A professional roofer has years of experience. Additionally, their expertise means help for you. They will work to find the best answer. Furthermore, they want your roof to last for many years.
- Affordable: A professional roofer has good pricing. They should also have great service. You can find a contractor with fair rates. To that end, they can fix your problems.
These are some benefits of choosing a professional roofer. However, there are many more. To that end, you should hire someone who can rush to your house when you have an emergency.
Call Yellowfin Roofing Today to Begin Your Roofing Repair Project
Once you get the okay from your insurance company, call Yellowfin. We help with all roofing projects. In addition, we answer any questions about your roofing project. There is no one better for your roofing project than us.
Contact us today to learn about our services. Furthermore, you can schedule an appointment with one of our roofing experts. We can help make your roof look as good as new. Call 302-574-6226 • 484-455-4990 .