Protect your home and property
with new rain gutters
Protect Your Home with Properly Working Gutters
The gutters on your roof are important. They keep the water collected after rainfall away from the trim and soffit or foundation of the house. For instance, if too much water collects against the trim and soffit or the house foundation, it causes damage. Thus, creating issues for you. In addition, if water collects in the basement of the house, it can cause mold issues. Another problem for homeowners and can result in expensive gutter repairs.
Gutter specialists are experts in all things gutter care and usage. For instance, these specialists can install new gutters, clean existing gutters, and perform gutter repairs. They can also recommend installing seamless gutters for your home. In addition, they can give advice on how to take care of your gutters and preserve your trim and soffit.
Gutter services we offer :
- Full Replacement
- Free Roof Inspection
Why Gutter Care Is Important
Taking care of the gutters in your house is necessary. For instance, if you keep up with the maintenance of your gutters, you will avoid spending money on unnecessary repairs. When the gutters are clogged with dirt and debris, they become heavy and can fall off the roof. Removing the built-up debris from your gutters is a good way to avoid big damage.
Similarly, if the gutter is clogged, then the water has nowhere to go. This forces the water to leak through the trim and soffit and into the house from the roof. Over time, these leaks will become big cracks and will cause large-scale water damage.
However, these problems can be avoided with proper gutter care. Gutters that get proper care and maintenance can last up to 20 to 30 years.
How To Know When To Replace Or Repair Your Gutters
If you are experiencing any water leaks in your house or improper draining after rainfall, you should replace or repair your gutters. You can look at your gutters yourself and see if there is debris blocking the water flow. Sometimes, you can clean the gutters yourself. However, hiring a gutter specialist might still be necessary, depending on how serious the problem is. Remove as much debris as you can, and then call a gutter specialist to do further repairs.
Furthermore, if you see your gutter trim and soffit have peeling paint, you need to replace them. Peeling paint on the trim and soffit means that the water is not draining well and will lead to mold if it stays. Therefore, when water does not drain correctly, harmful mold can grow on the trim and soffit and invade your house.
If your gutters need to be replaced, you should consider seamless gutters. Seamless gutters wrap around the house and have no seams. Seamless gutters are a good option for people who want hassle-free and low-cost gutters. Furthermore, seamless gutters come in various shapes and sizes. In addition, any design available for regular gutters can be found in seamless gutters.
What To Expect When You Have Gutter Work Done
When you have a gutter repair done, you can expect an easy process from Yellowfin. Gutter repair can be done within a couple of hours. Repairing or replacing the gutter guards should be very straightforward. What to expect:
- The gutter specialist will assess the problem with your home.
- Then, see if gutter repair is an option and what the long-term solution is
- If the gutter repair is possible, the homeowner will get a cost estimate
- If the repair is not a long-term solution, the gutter specialist might recommend a replacement with seamless gutters
The most important factor with gutters is the long-term solution to a problem. Gutters are a very important part of the roof and house. If you are experiencing frequent gutter issues, you will most likely need to have them replaced versus having a gutter repair. Seamless gutters are a good option because they are low maintenance.
More often than not, paying for several gutter repairs is more expensive than replacing them. Most homeowners do not want to spend unnecessary money on house repairs and so seamless gutters can be a good choice. Therefore, it is important to listen to the gutter specialists if they tell you to replace your gutters and not just have a gutter repair.
When you are having a gutter repair done, you can ask the specialists for any advice. Gutter specialists are experts in the industry and can offer helpful ideas to maintain your gutters.
Different Types of Gutter Guards
There are six different types of gutter guards. All of them fit the different needs of the home, and all gutter guards can be used with seamless gutters. After comparing the options, you can choose which one fits best for you.
Types of Gutter Guards
- Foam gutter guards, these guards are made of foam and allow water to pass but block debris. In addition to this, foam gutter guards are very easy to install. They are also the least expensive option for your gutters.
- Brush gutter guards have large bristle brushes on the sides of the gutter to block large sticks and leaves. For instance, these gutter guards are good if you live in an area where there are large sticks or leaves that fall into your gutters.
- Reverse curve or surface tension gutter guards are overhead hoods with slots to allow water to enter. They are the gutter for your gutter and have a 100+ year lifespan. Furthermore, these gutter guards allow for the debris to slide off the roof while the water can fall into the gutters.
- Screen gutter guards are wire or plastic screens that cover the gutter. They create a blockage for the debris but allow water to pass. For instance, this type of gutter guard is easy to install on the trim and soffit.
- Mesh gutter guards are similar to screen gutter guards but are more compact. For example, the holes in the mesh are closer together to block even more debris. This gutter guard sits close to the trim and soffit of your roof, protecting the roof more from the rain.
- Micro-mesh gutter guards are one of the best gutter guards to have. These gutter guards have such fine screens that it blocks even the smallest dirt and debris. Micro-mesh gutter guards require professional installation. This is important to make sure you do not damage the trim and soffit.