Roofing Insurance Claims
Call Yellow Fin Roofing for:
- Exceptional Quality and Value
- Guaranteed 3-Week Install
- Free Estimates and Affordable Up-Front Pricing
- Family-Friendly, Local, Knowledgeable Service
Best Roofing Insurance Claim Handling Near Me
Need help with a roof insurance claim? If you have experienced a natural disaster, there are likely a lot of things on your mind. These events are scary and leave a lot of people unsure of what to do. There are many things to take care of, repairs to begin, and insurance claims to make. Of course, your first priority is the safety of your family and home, but a lot of times, their safety depends on insurance money coming through to help cover repairs to your home. In some cases, you may be unsure if your insurance will even cover damages, and there is often nowhere to turn for help.
Insurance plans are pretty confusing and leave lots of homeowners figuring things out for themselves after a disaster. Even if your insurance company is straightforward with you, your plan may not cover roofing, which is often the first thing to get damaged during a natural disaster. To top it off, it’s hard for most homeowners to see if damage has been done to their roof, much less figure out what kind of claim to make. Luckily, there are options. With roofer insurance claim assistance, you can trust that there will be someone to help you every step of the way.
The Roofing Insurance Claims Process
Roofing wind damage is a common occurrence in your local area. It’s easy for storms to completely destroy the structure and strength of your roof. This leaves your home vulnerable to further damage and weather. Homeowners insurance doesn’t always cover roof damage, but if it does, you’ll have to go through the following steps before you can get paid:
- Documentation of the damage. It’s important to document what has been destroyed during the storm. Your insurance company can’t always get to your home quickly, so you may need a different expert to take photos of your roof damage. Do not try to go on to your roof yourself! Damage can make the structure weak, and you can easily get hurt.
- Schedule an appointment with a roofing contractor. This expert will be able to look at the roof and decide what needs to be done. They will also be able to give you a price estimate, so you know how much money repairs will cost. Do this before you contact your insurance.
Roof Insurance Claims
- File an insurance claim. You will need to fill out a lot of paperwork to file your claim. A member of our team can help you with this step — it’s what we do!
- An adjuster will examine the damage. Photos and personal accounts are not enough for insurance companies. They will send out an expert to look at your roof again and figure out if the damage description in your claim is accurate. They are looking to pay the least amount of money possible, so they will be very thorough and critical of your suggested repairs.
- Your roofing claim gets approved or denied. If your claim is approved, you can begin talking to your contractor about what is covered by your insurance. From here, you can formulate a plan regarding how to fix the damage and stay within your insurance company’s budget.
- Repairs can begin. You will schedule work with your contractor to get your repairs started. The time needed for this step will vary depending on the damage and your contractor’s schedule.
As you can see, a lot needs to happen before you can get your roof fixed. To use your insurance to cover the cost of repairs, you must go through all the proper steps. If you do not, there is a chance that your insurance will not pay for your roof damage restoration.
How to Make the Process Easier
Luckily, there are ways to make the insurance claims process easier. A roof damaged by a hurricane, tornado, ice, tree falling, hail, etc., does not always require extensive repairs or need to follow an elaborate insurance process. However, it can be hard to figure this out on your own. In your local area, our company can make things easier for you, by helping homeowners determine if there is enough roof damage to warrant an insurance claim or if small repairs are all that’s needed. This can save you valuable time and money and can allow the repairs to happen faster. There is no need to go through the whole insurance claims process if you only need simple fixes that aren’t covered by insurance anyway.
When You Do Need Roof Insurance in your local area
In some cases, the damage is not simple or easily fixed. These are the times that require the long claims process listed above. We know how intimidating this can be for many people, so we can help you. We will help you to assess the damage and see what kind of repairs might be needed. Then, our team will go through the insurance process on your behalf. We will help you file your claim, track your claim’s progress, and get the settlement that you deserve.
We understand that working with insurance companies is confusing, especially if this is your first time dealing with major damage to your home. Our company has worked with insurance claims thousands of times, and we have the experience to be sure that we are doing things correctly.
Roofer Insurance Claim Assistance in your local area
No one should have to go through major catastrophes or home emergencies alone. When a natural disaster hits, it can be hard to know where to turn. Our company has been serving your local area for years, and we take pride in our ability to help residents through tough times. We believe that insurance should work to protect you and should give you peace of mind instead of causing more stress. This is why we go through the process with you. We want you to be confident in the insurance claims process and allow you to take fast steps to repair your roof after a disaster. Don’t try to struggle alone. Contact our professional team to help guide you through the process.